I mentioned before that Flight Into Darkness is featured in Indie Author News this week. The article is at http://www.indieauthornews.com/ and I’ll be interested to see how many additional downloads result. I am not combining this promotion with a KDP Countdown deal, so the price remains as before, a very reasonable £1.99 or $2.99. Grab ’em while they’re still fresh!
Here’s the blurb:
Featured Indie Book on Indie Author News: Political Thriller Flight Into Darkness by Roger Hardy.
Flight Into Darkness – a novel for our time – provides a completely new take on the possible political future for the Middle East. Is it a given that the Arabs and Israelis will forever be enemies or can former foes work towards a common cause? This story is a fast-paced and thought-provoking thriller.
The Book has been published via Amazon and Lulu and is available as eBook and Paperback – 262 pages.
About the Book
A shiny new personal jet is lost at night over the vast Saudi desert and air accident investigator James Hayward is assigned to find out why; it was touted as the world’s safest light aircraft and safe aircraft don’t just disappear from radar screens, do they?
He and his ex-fighter pilot boss, Katja, are faced with a wall of obstruction, almost denial. However, what they subsequently discover leads them into a web of intrigue and political corruption.
They find themselves alone, pitted against a new brand of terrorist; one that is ruthless, resourceful and organized with friends in high places.
|Click to Read an Excerpt|
– “Once you get into the story you can’t put it down. Mr. Hardy weaves a very believable tale. the world and characters are well developed. A airplane with a perfect record crashes, but there’s good reason it does. It wasn’t an accident. Plenty of action and political intrigue, not just a book for the aviation enthusiast.” – Rodney Carlson
– “From the opening sentence, the author pulls you into this past-paced thriller. Political corruption, secrets and intrigue combine to make story that keeps you wanting to find out more. A great read for those who enjoy suspense-filled adventures. “ – Shanna Hatfield
– “There are technical details but just enough to make the story believable and have confidence in the authors credentials. He must have worked overtime on his research. The characters well thought out and Hayward I want on my side if there is going to be trouble! It’s a story about now and was a great pleasure to read.” – Mr. B. Berry
– “A very good book. I recommend it if you want an interesting story with credible characters, easy to read and not obvious as most of these books are. This is, in my opinion the best of the book and what makes it different. It takes you to different locations, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Italy … with a perfect balance between technical explanations and chapters full of action.” – Christina (Amazon)
– “The author has clearly done a lot of research […] regarding the places and people who inhabit the plot. Having worked in the aviation world all my life I found the aviation related details particularly convincing. Highly recommended “ – John Farley
About the Author
|Author Roger Hardy|
Roger Hardy is an aviation man, pilot, aircraft designer and safety regulator. He was born into a service family just before his noble Monarch ascended the throne and has worked in the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany before finally settling in Portugal.
Although British by birth, he is European by instinct and inclination and currently runs his guesthouse business in the holiday village of Carvoeiro in the Algarve.
He has two grown-up children and, having completed five novels (see http://rogerhardynovels.info/), has now set sail into eBook waters. Outside of reading and writing, he can get a trifle boring on the subject of the operas of Richard Strauss, given half a chance.
Links to the Author and the Book
Connect via the Author’s Website
Connect with the Author via Facebook
Connect with the Author via Twitter: @rogerjhardy100
Link to the eBook Flight Into Darkness on Amazon UK with Excerpt
Link to the eBook Flight Into Darkness on Amazon US with Excerpt